2. A) (3 points) Write an example of a spirocyclic hydrocarbon containing 6 carbons.
You are watching: Draw all resonance structures for the nitromethane molecule, ch3no2.
3. B) (5 points) placed an asterisk ( * ) alongside each sp2 carbon atom.
3. C) (5 points) placed a circle ( ° ) alongside each sp3 carbon atom.
4. A) (5 points) write the finest Lewis framework for nitromethane, CH3NO2 , a racing fuel. Show all bonds and all lone pairs.
b) (2 points) create another great resonance kind for nitromethane and also compare its relative stability to the structure above.
c) (2 points) explain the hybridization and structure in ~ C .
d) (2 points) explain the hybridization and structure in ~ N .sp2 - trigonal planar
e) (4 points) draw the full structure, in certain showing the three-dimensional plan at C and also at N .
5. (15 points) finish each the the reactions below, utilizing a balanced equation and only a basic acid-base reaction. You need to decide which link is an ext likely come act together the acid or base in every case. Compose the pKa values under every acid and also predict the desired direction the the acid-base equilibrium.
6. (10 points) for each the the structures below, the framework on the left is complete and also the framework on the best is intended to it is in exactly the same structure but lacking various components. Finish the structures on the right by adding the absent components in the suitable locations.
7. (10 points) for each that the structures below, the framework on the left is not the many stable type of the molecule. ~ above the right, finish the many stable framework of the very same molecule.
8. A) (9 points) Write great Newman diagrams because that the 3 staggered conformations of 2-methylbutane, looking down the C2-C3 bond (C2 in front).
b) (6 points) create an approximate potential power diagram that shows the family member stabilities of the three forms and also the loved one energy obstacles for rotation between them.
( watch your text and study guide, troubles 3.17b, 3.18, 3.20, for details of this precise compound )
A and C room equal in energy, B is greater in energy (less stable).
See more: Winking: Why We Do It, What Does It Mean When A Married Woman Winks At You
The barriers for rotating indigenous A to B and also from B to C are equal. The obstacle for A come C is lower.