You are watching: Weight watchers smart points for boiled potatoes
Prep Time: 10 minutesCook Time: 25 minutes
1½ lbs. Red potatoes, scrubbed and also cut into even sized huge chunks
2 tablespoons reduced-fat butter or smart Balance light (gluten free)
¾ come 1 cup reduced-fat (2%) milk
¼ cup new chives, chopped fine
Salt and also pepper to taste
1. Location potatoes in a large saucepan and also cover through cold water. Lug to boil, mitigate heat, cover and simmer until fork tender (approximately 15-20 minutes).
2. Drainpipe potatoes right into a colander and also place drained potatoes earlier in the saucepan.
3. Include reduced-fat butter, milk, chives, salt and pepper come the hot potatoes.
4. Turn the flame to medium and smash potatoes v a fork and also cut v a knife till blended and also all the ingredients room heated.
5. Come serve, spoon the end ½ cup serving.
6. This recipe deserve to be doubled, tripled and so on.
Makes 6 servings (each serving, ½ cup)
Food FactsRed potatoes, (new potatoes) are frequently referred to together boiling potatoes. They have a waxy meat that consists of less starch and much more moisture than the Russet potato (brown baking potato). This makes them perfect for mashed potatoes.
Healthy BenefitsOver the years, potatoes have obtained a bad rap. They yes, really shouldn’t because a medium size spud has only 110 calories and also are normally fat free. They’re high in vitamin C and have more potassium than a banana. They also contain fiber and also iron.
See more: How Much Space Does A Movie Take Up, I Have A 32, How Many Gb Is A Movie
WW Freestyle SmartPoints 4-BlueWW SmartPoints 4-GreenWW POINTS add to 3
|SKINNY FACTS: because that ½ cup serving123 calories, 3g fat, 1g sat. Fat, 3g chol, 22g carb, 4g protein, 2g fiber, 248mg sodium, 1g sugar.|